Spring is almost here (officially tomorrow)! And to celebrate, I’m sharing my spring centerpiece with velvet Easter eggs. Yep, I said VELLLLVEEEET! Woot!
SPRING CENTERPIECE with VELVET EASTER EGGS
YES! Spring is in the air… and I’m here today to share my first spring post of the year with you. And what’s more, at the bottom of this post you get to see FIFTEEN spring centerpieces from some of my blogger friends, as well! Because this is…
If you are hopping over (see what I did there?) from LoraBloomquist.com, welcome! What a lovely site she has, right? And her centerpiece is so warm and looks like it was brought in right from the great outdoors!
Our Pinterest challenge is hosted by Cindy at County Road 407. Thank you, Cindy, for being such a wonderful hostess and putting this together!
With a Pinterest Challenge, we normally are given a “Pin” that inspires us to create something similar, with our own twist. However, this time we were inspired by a photo on Instagram! To be specific, we were inspired by Lisa’s spring centerpiece from @ASimplyStyledNest (be sure to give her a follow). This is the gorgeous centerpiece that inspired us…
Isn’t it amazing? Thanks, Lisa, for the inspiration!
BTW, you can follow My Wee Abode on Instagram, too… @mywee_abode.
My Inspired Spring Centerpiece with Velvet Easter Eggs
Usually, I wait to share my finished product with you until the end. This time, you get to see the finished product first and then I’ll show you the steps to get the same look!
Ta-da! Let’s look at how to achieve this spring vignette that will add a bit of charm to your house, small home, or apartment.
This post may contain affiliate links, at no additional cost to you.
For more information, see my complete disclosure HERE.
What You Will Need
- Standing Rabbit (or whatever bunny you like… this one is no longer available, but HERE is a cute alternative)
- A round woven tray (I found mine at HomeGoods for $7.99!)
- Raffia filler
- Speckled Easter eggs (you can pick these up at Michael’s or Hobby Lobby)
- Floral stems (your choice, I used two different types, purple and white)
- Lamb’s Ear stems (you can pick these up at Hobby Lobby)
- DIY velvet Easter eggs (Tutorial HERE!)
- “Hello Spring” wooden sign (available in-store only at Michael’s)
What To Do
This is really a super simple vignette to put together. It really only took about 15 minutes.
- Cover the inside of the tray/basket with the raffia. This will allow you to insert the florals easily. A small bowl turned upside-down adds height for the bunny to ‘stand’ above the florals and eggs.
- Position your bunny inside the basket (and on top of the bowl, if needed.)
- Add Lamb’s Ear, covering most of the top of the raffia.
- Insert sprigs of florals.
- Arrange the florals so they stick out of the weave to add a ‘natural’ rustic look.
- Add speckled Easter eggs, velvet Easter eggs and “Hello Spring” mini sign.
Check out an Easy Way to Make Velvet Easter Eggs here!
Finished Spring Centerpiece with Velvet Easter Eggs
Adding a linen runner with some candlesticks and aqua candles finishes off the look. I couldn’t be happier!
The bunny, florals, and eggs are all inspired by Lisa’s lovely centerpiece!
Would you like to learn how to make the velvet Easter eggs? Well, the tutorial should be coming your way VERY soon!
The sweet little wooden sign adds just the right finishing touch!
And to ‘fill-in’ the centerpiece, you can add a little nest of eggs!
Remember, you want the centerpiece to make a statement, but never make it so large that you can’t see the person on the other side of the table. 😉
Now It’s Time to Do More Hopping!
Now you get to see LOTS more inspiration! Next in the “hop” is Emily at Lecultivatuer.com. Go check out the twist she has put on this lovely centerpiece challenge. And be sure to visit each of these wonderful blogs for lots more inspiration!
It’s Your Turn
Now, you tell me… What would you do to put your twist on this centerpiece! Share in the comments. I LOVE to hear from you!
PIN IT FOR LATER!!!