We are party-ing BIG here at My Wee Abode! It’s Tuesday Turn About #188 Fanciful DIYs!
TUESDAY TURN ABOUT #188 FANCIFUL DIYS
Welcome to the first party of February 2023!
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and then we start thinking about spring, right?!
And this week, I’m featuring some lovely, fanciful, and feminine DIYs that you might just want to add to your home this season. Hop on over to the featured bloggers, and give them some love in the form of a comment. Tell them Julie sent you! 😉
A bit of a personal update…
If you didn’t read from an earlier post, my car was rear-ended three Sundays ago. Everyone in the car was fine, but I did receive a call yesterday from the insurance company and they are totaling my car.
It’s funny. My 2007 Corolla’s paint job was AWFUL! It was a lemon-of-a-paint-job from day one, and Toyota wouldn’t do anything about it. But in recent years, I’ve actually thought, “If someone actually hit my car, I would get a new paint job!” Well, my ‘prayers’ were answered (?).
A new paint job…
So, now I will be not only getting a new paint job, but a whole new-to-me car! Please be praying that the Lord will provide exactly what I need (He always does), and that I will have wisdom as I shop! He is always faithful, so I’m looking forward to see what He has in store for me!
Weekly Household Tip
This post may contain affiliate links, at no additional cost to you. For more information, see my complete disclosure HERE.
Living in a rental home, we try our best to make things easy on our landlords. This includes running very little garbage through our disposal.
I’ve shared before how I keep used plastic bags and have one handy in the sink to throw away bits of trash and garbage as I’m cooking. But, did you know something as simple as a drain strainer can make your garbage disposal MUCH happier? I simply keep the strainer on the disposal side of the sink, and it catches all the ‘extras’… if you know what I mean. Simply empty as needed (I give it a good ‘bap’ against the side of the trash can!)
BTW, in 7 years of living in an apartment, I’ve never had a clogged kitchen drain!
Weekly Blogging Tip
If you haven’t listened to Kate Ahl’s podcast from Simple Pin Media, what’s taking you so long?
Kate’s information, tips, and tricks are all about Pinterest, and she gives the info in bite-sized pieces. Perfect to listen to on a short jaunt to the grocery store or a quick walk around the park!
My Wee Abode
My Family Thyme
Check out our Tuesday Turn About Link Party Pinterest board! All NINE featured posts are pinned to this board each week!
Let’s start sharing! Because this is a party, we encourage all who link up to visit several other bloggers who have linked as well – comments and pins are a great way to spread the love!
Before you get started, take a look at our guidelines:
- This party is for home decor and home-related posts only (recipes, organizing, DIY, crafts, etc.). Link up to 3 related posts. Please do not link up informational posts that do not relate to the topic.
- If you would please not link up shops, advertising, round-ups, other link parties, or any posts promoting sales, we would appreciate it.
- DO NOT PIN FROM IMAGES ON THIS PAGE (it just won’t work right on Pinterest). However, please visit the original post/source and pin from there. That works perfectly!
- Please make sure that your images are in a jpeg or png format. If we can’t save your image, we may not be able to feature you. So sad!
- By linking to the party, you give us permission to share your projects on our blogs and social media, with the use of ONE photo from your blog for that may be included in a pinnable collage. We will always give proper credit with a no-pin image.
Of course, I’m loving all the wonderful posts and link-ups! We are loving the winter decor, and we can’t wait for y’all to share your spring decor, and tips and tricks for home!