If you love cheesecake, you are going to love this family favorite recipe. Today, let’s learn how to make the best lemon cheesecake recipe!
Today, I’m truly excited to be a part of the Spring Ideas Tour, hosted by my dear friend, Paula from Sweet Pea. Paula has gotten together a week-long tour that features some of my favorite bloggers (and friends, of course). Be sure to take a look at the end of this post for each day’s topic, and hop on over to each blog for some wonderful spring inspiration! You won’t be disappointed!
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST LEMON CHEESECAKE
It seems to me, you either love cheesecake… or you hate it! Well, let me tell you…
This dessert has been called the ‘best lemon cheesecake’ by A LOT of people… and has turned many cheesecake-haters into lovers!
Our family’s favorite lemon cheesecake recipe was handed down to us from my Grandma. Often requested by family members for special occasions, this creamy cheesecake (sometimes called a cream cheese pie) can be made with just a hint of lemon (to cut down the richness of the pie) or more, depending on your taste! Adding a bit more lemon makes this a citrusy dessert that is perfect for spring!
A dollop of lemon or blueberry pie filling on top, and you’ve got a delicious (and easy) dessert that will make you the hit of a dinner party or potluck. Oh, and of course it’s great for just the family while you #stayhome! 😉
If you are visiting My Wee Abode for the first time, so glad to meet you! I hope to see you often here!
If you are one of the MWA family members, you know that recipes are not a ‘norm’ for this blog. The first recipe (and only one besides this one) was my Holiday Nutmeg Cookies. It was such a fun post to do, I thought a spring recipe might be something you would enjoy, too!
This post may contain affiliate links, at no additional cost to you.
For more information, see my complete disclosure HERE.
The Best Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
Here are some general directions, with photos, of how to make the best lemon cheesecake. You can see exactly what your cream cheese pie should look like each step of the way.
At the end of this post (just below the links and previews of the tour), you will find a detailed recipe card to print out or to keep on your phone.
- Crush your graham crackers for the homemade crust. Using a rolling pin is easiest for me. (You can use an already-made crust, but this homemade one is easy and so yummy!)
- Combine your graham cracker crust ingredients and blend with a pastry cutter or your hands.
- Press the crust ingredients into an 8 or 9-inch pie pan (I used a 9-inch pan). Set aside. (If you use the 8-inch pan/dish, you will have plenty left for a mini cheesecake tart!)
- (a) Mix the ingredients for your filling. Don’t forget the lemon juice! (Guess why I’m reminding you? It was still yummy… just a little too rich. 😉 ) (b) Don’t over mix the filling… there will be some tiny lumps from the cream cheese. (c) Pour into the crust and bake in the oven.(Don’t overbake! The middle of the cheesecake should still be a little ‘wobbly’, about 2-3″ diameter… that’s good)
- While the cake is in the oven, mix the topping, and set aside. (Be sure to be on the lookout for hungry little “manchas”.)
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes. Gently pour the topping on the cheesecake and spread to the edges with a spatula. Return to the oven and bake for 10 more minutes.
- After the cheesecake has cooled a bit, refrigerate for 5 hours for best results. (Like my family waits that long. Hah!)
The Best Lemon Cheesecake – The Results Are In
This bright and silky lemon cheesecake reminds me of spring because, even though it is rich, the wee bit of citrus makes it quite refreshing, too… IF you don’t eat three pieces, that is!
Adding a little garnish on top is easy and adds another touch of spring!
It was fun to style this cheesecake recipe with some spring greenery in a white pitcher. Adding some spring decor to your home can be uplifting to you AND your family alike!
See, I told you my family rarely makes it the 5 hours in the fridge!
We added a spoon of… well, what does it look like to you?! 😉 My family teased me just a bit on this.
Again, this is a wonderful spring dessert recipe, especially if you add some lemon or blueberry filling on top of each slice!
Now It’s Your Turn
So, now that you have the absolutely BEST lemon cheesecake recipe EVER, will you be adding this to your family’s faves? All the ingredients were easy to find, even during this #stayhome time. Let me know what toppings you would put on it!
Remember to visit each of the bloggers on this week-long tour and don’t forget to come back tomorrow for the last day! You’ll be blessed!
Next up on the tour is another dear friend, Michelle from Thistle Key Lane! She always has a wonderful recipe to share, and her home is LOVELY!
Remember, the recipe card us just below the tour links!
Monday ~ Mantels
Tuesday ~ Tablescapes
Wednesday ~ DIY
Thursday ~ Recipes
Friday ~ Porches and Decks