The fall season is just around the corner! If you’re on the hunt for some ideas to update your decor for the cooler season, check out this cozy early fall vignette I put together for a small coffee table. It might be exactly the inspiration you’ve been searching for!
EARLY FALL VIGNETTE FOR A SMALL COFFEE TABLE – PINTEREST CHALLENGE
It’s hard to believe when the temps in So Cal are still in the high 80s that the cool, crisp air of fall is just around the corner!
But it is!
And today at My Wee Abode, we’re kicking-off the fall season with a brand new Pinterest Challenge! It’s all about embracing those autumn feels!
What is the Pinterest Challenge?
The Pinterest Challenge is hosted by my dear friend Cindy at County Road 407. Cindy gathers a bunch-o’-bloggers and sends them each the same photo.
After that, all the blogging buddies take that one photo and let it spark our own creative decorating designs. It’s like a burst of inspiration that sets our individual styles in motion!
This month, there are a baker’s dozen of ideas just for you… and anyone else who happens to stop by, too!
AND, if you are coming here by way of Marty’s blog at A Stroll Thru Life, WELCOME! Don’t you just love Marty’s classic take on her home decor?
Here are a few of our past Pinterest Challenges:
Early Fall Coffee Table Vignette – Inspiration
This month, we were challenged with a late summer OR early fall jar decor that features this Pottery Barn-inspired idea from Kelly at Live, Laugh, Rowe:
If YOU want to create a similar cozy-comfy early fall or late summer vignette, you’ll get LOTS of ideas today, and not just from me! Remember to check out all the links at the end of this post.
But, let’s start with My Wee Abode, shall we?
Inspiration Elements for an Early Fall Vignette
There are several elements that I used from the inspo photo:
- The hurricane glass or ‘jar’
- The pretty orange candle
- Natural elements: acorns, pine cones, berries, grapevine
So simple, but packs a big punch, right?
Alright, let’s check out the fall vignette I’ve got for you today. It’s the perfect little setup you can use to give your coffee table, or any other surface, a touch of autumn charm.
How to Create an Easy Early Fall Vignette for a Tiny Coffee Table
Believe it or not, I managed to whip-up this pretty little fall vignette in just about 20 minutes! It’s all about quick and easy autumn touches.
Tools You’ll Need
Now, you might be thinkin’, “Julie, this is a LOT of items”, and you’re right! However, almost ALL of these items (everything except the large green vase), have been in my decorating stash for at least 2-5 years! I use them over and over… and you will, too!
Steps for Creating a Vignette for Autumn
- Combine your mini pine cones and acorns in the jar, and then add and arrange two sprigs of bittersweet (Photo 1).
- Wrap some natural raffia around your fingers and then place in the cupcake tin (I ALWAYS use my cupcake holder as a candle pedestal… practical and saves on calories). Top it off with your mini jar candle (Photo 2). Make sure your candle captures your signature autumn scent!
- Add a fall dish of your choice. I’ve had the red leaf for at least 5 years, and I think this is the FIRST time I’ve used it in a post! But, you can add any element that is a different texture and gives a nod to the season (Photo 3).
- Finally, add a few natural touches from an autumn filler bag (Photo 4). Again, I have about 5 different filler bags that I use over and over for different season. Some I even use for multiple seasons, too!
Special Tips and Tricks for Creating an Early Fall Vignette
Here are a few no-fail tips and tricks to create a vignette that will have your family and friends oohing-and-ahhing over your decorating “skillage”:
- Create vignettes in odd numbers. With today’s vignette, three central items were used: the jar, the candle, and the leaf tray.
- Add different textures for interest. Fall is the perfect time to use lots of natural elements, but using glass (the vase and candle), some metal (the candle holder), and the leaf dish adds some extra pizzazz and keeps your vignette from being blasé.
- A large tray (like this galvanized metal tray I have had for years) is the perfect way to corral your vignette. It also makes it easy to remove when children visit (if you visit my About Page, you’ll know how I know this 😉 ), or when you just need more room for coffee cups and maybe a dessert you have baking in the oven for guests!
Early Fall Vignette for a Small Coffee Table – Finished
Are you ready to step-out on your own and create a gourd-geous fall vignette for YOUR coffee table?
You could easily place this autumn decor on a mantle, bookshelf, media console, or even a dresser in a guest room! Vignettes are versatile like that!!
These bittersweet berry sprigs are one of my fave fall purchases! They are better than the real thing, that I hear are quite a nuisance in the garden.
Join the Family!
Want even more ideas for tiny home and small living decor, along with some awesome tips, tricks, and solutions? Don’t forget to join the My Wee Abode “family”! Plus, you’ll get instant access to all the freebies that will add even MORE loveliness to your home!
all the freebies!
BECOME A VIP!
Get instant access to the My Wee Abode FREE Printables Library!
Now it’s time to take a hop on over to WM Design House. Wendy has TEN amazing ideas for your fall decor using hurricanes!
Let me know how YOU are decorating your home for the fall, and when you started… or will start! 😉