Today is the July Pinterest Challenge! And 17 bloggers have been challenged to create a summer treat using peaches! Today, let’s learn how to make this easy creamy fresh peach tartlet!
EASY CREAMY FRESH PEACH TARTLET
Summer, summer fruit it wouldn’t be summer without ’em. (I’m pretty sure I’ve used this line in another post, but I just can’t help think of the little commercial jingle when summer fruits are so delicious right now! Yep… I’m showing my age here.)
Welcome to the Pinterest Challenge, hosted by my dear friend Cindy from County Road 407!
Each month, Cindy gets together a bunch-o’-bloggers and challenges them to recreate a photo she has found on Pinterest, but adding our own twist!
It’s always SUPER fun, and I’m so glad to be participating again this month after taking several months off for my move and settling in!
Welcome to the Pinterest Challenge
If you are visiting here from Angie’s blog at Postcards from the Ridge, WELCOME! Angie’s blog is a fave of mine, and I can’t wait to try her yummy peach crisp recipe!
If you are new to My Wee Abode, be sure to subscribe to the blog to get immediate access to our FREE Printable Library, as well as tips and tricks on how to live large in a small home!
Inspiration for an Easy Creamy Fresh Peach Tartlet
This month’s inspo photo comes from Organic Facts:
What’s different about this month’s Pinterest Challenge is that we are sharing recipes instead of decor!
Just like last year’s strawberry recipe Pinterest Challenge, there’s no twist on this photo. However, all 17 bloggers are using delectable peaches in this summer’s recipe challenge!
So, if you are a peach lover, be sure to click on each of the links at the bottom of this post! Your mouth and tummy will thank you!
This post may contain affiliate links, at no additional cost to you. For more information, see my complete disclosure HERE.
How to Make Easy Creamy Fresh Peach Tartlets
This recipe is adapted from an original recipe I found on the Betty Crocker site.
What makes this recipe so easy is the mini tart shell is made with Bisquick!
Yep… my old stand-by for our family’s favorite strawberry shortcake, and now for a fresh peach tartlet!
But, again, this is adapted… I put my own twist on the recipe to create a taste that my family would enjoy… oh, and me, too! 😉
So, let’s get started! (BTW, the complete recipe is at the end of this post, and it’s printable, too!)
Ingredients and Tools for Fresh Peach Mini Tarts
To whip up these sweet little peach mini tarts, you will only need a few ingredients:
- Peaches (one ripe and one firm)
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Butter (or margarine)
- and, Original Bisquick Mix
You may need a few more tools than ingredients:
- 2-3 mixing bowls
- Scraping spatulas
- Hand mixer
- 4″ tart pans
- Cookie sheet
- Cooling rack
- Metal strainer
How to Make Easy Peach Mini Tarts
Now for the easy-peasy steps to make these delicious summer mini desserts.
- Peel a ripe soft peach and blend it with a hand mixer or blender. Set aside. (Photo 1.)
- Combine ingredients for crust with a pastry cutter and then knead into a ball. (Photo 2.)
- Separate dough ball into 6 parts.(Photo 3.) (Do as I say, not as I do here… I realized what I had done when I started trying to spread my dough into the pan and it wouldn’t quite ‘reach’.)
- Spread the dough evenly in 6 mini tart pans (you can use disposable pans, too!)
- Place tart pans on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 9-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Leave crust inside pans and place on a cooling rack. Remove crusts from pans after 20-30 minutes. (Photo 4)
- Strain pureed peach with metal strainer and place puree in another bowl. Add remaining ingredients for filling and blend with hand mixer until (relatively) smooth. (Photo 5 and 6).
- Spoon filling into mini tart shells and spread evenly.
- Slice a firm peach and add slices to the top of the filling.
Enjoy immediately, or refrigerate until chilled.
Enjoy Easy Creamy Fresh Peach Tartlets
These tartlets are ready to eat as soon as you like… with a cup of coffee, hot tea, or even a tall glass of your favorite iced drink. (I always prefer unsweetened tea, and it’s especially refreshing with this sweet dessert!)
It was fun doing my first recipe post in my new-to-me-kitchen.
Are you ready to enjoy a yummy fresh peach tartlet?
Well, I would offer to have you come over and enjoy these with me, but they are already gone!
I guess you will need to heat up your oven for a few minutes to bless your family… and yourself!
But before you do, hop on over to my sweet friend Rachel’s blog, The Ponds Farmhouse. She has a ‘dreamy’ peach parfait recipe that you won’t want to miss. And be sure to peruse her home, as well. It’s just lovely!
Now, be sure to take a gander at all 17 bloggers’ recipes, listed just below the recipe card!
Please let me know if you DO make this recipe. It always blesses me to know this blog is a blessing to YOU!