Welcome to the party… It’s Tuesday Turn About #204 Red White and Blue!
TUESDAY TURN ABOUT #204 RED WHITE AND BLUE
The party has started for this week! Welcome!
We are just a little over a month away from celebrating our country’s birthday! Are you ready?
Well, this week I’m sharing some fun projects and ideas to prepare your home and family for the patriotic holidays that are still on the horizon!
And, if you’ve been around MWA for any amount of time, you know that RWB (red/white/blue) are NOT necessarily my fave colors to decorate with! And here’s my take on why.
However, I just HAD to share these patriotic posts this week! And I think you’ll love them, too!
Also, be sure to check out all the features from the party…
Update on Cleanse…
If you’ve been following along my cleanse ‘adventure’ for the last three weeks, you’ll know that this past Sunday officially ended my 3-week purification.
Here are my takeaways from the three weeks:
- It’s actually not hard to get down 100 ounces of water each day… even in the latter half of the day. Once you start, your body adapts and craves the water. This is good!
- Taking 30 pills a day for the first half of the cleanse, and then 13 pills the last half was the hardest part to do, and to remember! But, taking them throughout my meal made it easier.
- Since I love food in general… the healthy and the not-so-healthy, it was easy to enjoy the vegetarian meals the first half of the cleanse. Plus it was really yummy, and a fun challenge.
- After having such bad habits for so long, I still have moments where cravings pop into my head. At those times, I either drink more water (which actually really helps me), or I eat a piece of fruit.
- Organic foods DO taste much better, and organic produce lasts WAY longer in the fridge (like three times longer)!
Total weight loss…
My total weight loss in the first 3 weeks was 14 pounds!
- Week One: 9 pounds (due to water and inflammation weight)
- Week Two: 1.8 pounds
- Week Three: 3.2 pounds
As so many dieticians and health advisors suggest, I would like to lose between 1-2 pounds per week because this often helps with keeping the weight off. Slow and steady wins the race!
I plan on continuing this eating style, slowly introducing some items I didn’t eat the whole three weeks, such as eggs. I’ve also added an 8 ounce cup of decaf coffee in the morning.
Dairy may be something I need to stay away from because I believe it causes inflammation and headaches for me (I didn’t have one headache the whole three weeks!).
Also, I KNOW that inflammatory oils are a no-no for me. I visited a ‘healthy living’ restaurant last week, and everything was good for me, except the oil they used on the grill to keep things from sticking. My digestive system was wrecked that night!
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, or leave your questions in the comment area below. I’m pretty much an open book.
Weekly Household Tip
Do you have issues with squirrels or rodents eating your garden? I sure do!
Last spring/summer, my whole container garden was a feast for the rodents. This year, I don’t see any droppings, so I think the managers have that under control.
However, I caught a squirrel digging in a pot filled with dirt. After scaring the critter away, I added coffee to the pot. No more squirrels.
Coffee and mint…
The container garden for my upcoming summer balcony tour is just about finished. In addition to coffee, a large part of the garden includes pretty Mojito Mint plants. They have a stronger mint smell than your standard mint plants and squirrels don’t like the scent of those plants at all. So far, no animal are bothering the garden!
Do you use mint and coffee to ward of varmints? What do YOU use?
Weekly Blogging Tip
Week before last, I promised to get you more info on converting to GA4 (the new Google Analytics).
And more info I have!
Now, I still need to use these videos myself, but I have utmost confidence in Grayson Bell and his tutorials, as I have used other tutorials of his in the past! Let me know what you think if you use these videos!
Okay, time to party!
My Wee Abode
My Family Thyme
Red-White-and-Blue Decor Ideas
Jenna from The Painted Apron is sharing a plethora of patriotic decor ideas you might want to incorporate into your home! I love the al fresco tablescape she shares!
Add a DIY Patriotic Pillow
This pillow is so pretty, and I love that you can use the fabric of your choice to truly make it ‘YOU’! Whether it’s a bright RWB pillow, muted vintage RWB, or even a pastel pink-white-and-sky-blue, this patriotic pillow tutorial from Carol at Bluesky At Home is a winner!
Patriotic Trifle Recipe
Do you love a trifle dessert? You better believe I do! And this simple patriotic trifle recipe from Jen at Cincy Shopper is sure to be a hit at your patriotic BBQ or potluck! (Make it with organic fruit, and it’s even better!)
Check out our Tuesday Turn About Link Party Pinterest board! All NINE featured posts are pinned to this board each week!
Let’s start sharing! Because this is a party, we encourage all who link up to visit several other bloggers who have linked as well – comments and pins are a great way to spread the love!
Before you get started, take a look at our guidelines:
- This party is for home decor and home-related posts only (recipes, organizing, DIY, crafts, etc.). Link up to 3 related posts. Please do not link up informational posts that do not relate to the topic.
- If you would please not link up shops, advertising, round-ups, other link parties, or any posts promoting sales, we would appreciate it.
- DO NOT PIN FROM IMAGES ON THIS PAGE (it just won’t work right on Pinterest). However, please visit the original post/source and pin from there. That works perfectly!
- Please make sure that your images are in a jpeg or png format. If we can’t save your image, we may not be able to feature you. So sad!
- By linking to the party, you give us permission to share your projects on our blogs and social media. We will always give proper credit with a no-pin image.
Summer is just around the bend! And even though I’m NOT looking forward to the heat and humidity, I AM looking forward to your summer decor, DIYs, tablescapes, crafts, and recipes!