We are starting a very cool party during a very HOT summer! So let’s bring down the temps with Tuesday Turn About #109 Cool Summer Recipes.
TUESDAY TURN ABOUT #109 COOL SUMMER RECIPES
Y’all… I can’t even with the heat!
Seriously, My Wee Abode is so hot that I’m sitting in a nearby air-conditioned restaurant working on this post!
Whoever said that those of us near the beach don’t need AC, well… I’m bettin’ they never lived here.
So, I just finished a cool summer salad and I’m sippin’ an iced tea and keepin’ things cool!
And speaking of cool, we had LOTS of summer recipes posted this past week that looked so refreshing! This week, I just couldn’t pass up sharing 1 or 3 of them with you!
Let’s get a couple tips first, shall we?
Weekly Household Tip
I’m always surprised to find out how many people don’t know this simple tip my mom taught me as a girl.
If you have hard cookies or even brown sugar that has turned to stone, place a small piece of bread inside the bag/container. The cookies and/or sugar will absorb the moisture from the bread and revive those rock-hard items!
Weekly Blog Tip
Do you make regular backups of your blog?
Many of our site providers do this for us each night, but it’s a good practice to keep at least 1 or 2 backups of your own. The easiest way I have found to do this is with the free UpdraftPlus plugin. This plugin is ‘lightweight’ and easy to use! Give it a try… you’ll be glad you did!
Now, let’s partay!
Though not a requirement at all, we would love it if you would subscribe and/or follow your hostesses on one or more of our social medias:
- My Wee Abode: Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
- Thistle Key Lane: Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
- Bluesky At Home: Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Here’s What We’ve Been Up To:
My Wee Abode
Thistle Key Lane
Bluesky At Home
This Week’s Features:
Three Ingredients and Voila!
Oh my goodness… There’s just nothing like a bowl of refreshing ice cream to chase away the summer heat and cool down the ‘bod’, am I right? And this yummy pineapple no-churn ice cream is easy to make, too! Check out the recipe from Kelli at Three Boys and a Dog. You’re welcome! 😉
Coffee the Cold Way
Kathy from Healthy Slow Cooking is sharing a quick recipe this week! Her step-by-step cold brew coffee tutorial is made with a French press (one of my fave coffee tools)! Check out her additional cool beverage recipes at the bottom of her post.
Cold Grilled Chicken on a Summer’s Day
Don’t you love grilled chicken? I especially love grilled chicken thighs that have been in the fridge overnight! So yummy for a summer picnic. Estelle from Homemade on a Weeknight is sharing her delicious marinade recipe that makes for some simple grilled chicken that is great served hot… or cold!
Check out our Tuesday Turn About Link Party Pinterest board! All NINE featured posts are pinned to this board each week!
Now It’s Your Turn! Link Away!
Let’s start sharing! Because this is a party, we encourage all who link up to visit several other bloggers who have linked as well – comments and pins are a great way to spread the love!
Before you get started, take a look at our guidelines:
- This party is for home decor and home-related posts only (recipes, organizing, DIY, crafts, etc.). Link up to 3 related posts. Please do not link up informational posts that do not relate to the topic.
- If you would please not link up shops, advertising, round-ups, other link parties, or any posts promoting sales, we would appreciate it.
- DO NOT PIN FROM IMAGES ON THIS PAGE (it just won’t work right on Pinterest). However, please visit the original post/source and pin from there. That works perfectly!
- Please make sure that your images are in a jpeg or png format. If we can’t save your image, we may not be able to feature you. So sad!
- By linking to the party, you give us permission to share your projects on our blogs and social media. We will always give proper credit with a no-pin image.
How ’bout your neighborhood? Are you still feeling the heat, or are you experiencing the unexpected long summer rain season in your area?
Thanks for sharing this week! We look forward to more next week!