The party is welcoming-in a new month! It’s Tuesday Turn About #111 Hello August!
TUESDAY TURN ABOUT #111 HELLO AUGUST
We celebrated last week’s party the “Hallmark way” with Christmas in July! (Well, even the Hobby Lobby way, for that matter!
Can y’all believe it’s August?
This is one of my fave months. Know why? My first grandson was born in August, and my second grandson’s name IS “August”! And, yes, it has gotten a tad confusing at times!
So, with summer coming to a close very soon, and the autumn season just around the corner, we are looking forward to the fall decor, DIYs, recipes, and more! I bet you are, too!
But for now, let’s go ahead and welcome the last ‘real’ month of summer today with some wonderful DIYs and decor, shall we?
Last week, we skipped our weekly tips, but they are back this week!
One of my favorite ways to keep things organized in the kitchen is to use a tray or basket on the counter. If you don’t do this already, you may want to think about!
Use a tray for coffee items, cleaning items, and even a few decor pieces. I use a basket to hold hand towels and my dishwashing liquid. And if you want to dress up your counter, a pretty vignette is easily removed from the counter and then just as easy to replace when you’re done cooking!
Weekly Blogging Tip
The Yoast SEO plug-in can sometimes be a bit intimidating. Do you feel my pain? Trying to get those two little lights to turn green can be a challenge, at best.
So, I’m here to say, “Don’t sweat it!” I hear from several SEO gurus to ‘write like you talk’. Of course, you want to make sure your spelling and grammar are correct. However, don’t worry about using words or tenses that meet the Yoast criteria. Google is more concerned with content and user-friendliness than whether or not you’ve used enough transition words! 😉
Now… let’s get this party started!
Though not a requirement at all, we would love it if you would subscribe and/or follow your hostesses on one or more of our social medias:
- My Wee Abode: Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
- Thistle Key Lane: Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
- Bluesky At Home: Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Here’s What We’ve Been Up To:
My Wee Abode
Thistle Key Lane
Bluesky At Home
This Week’s Features:
What’s Behind the Paper???
Rosemary from My Home and Travels is sharing a secret! Can you guess what’s behind those pretty “marble” shelves? You’ll have to visit her post to find out!
August Gardening Help
Want some wonderful tips for gardening this month?! Rachelle from My Hubbard Home is sharing some of her best tricks for creating a wonderful late summer garden! Of course, her photos are amazing, too!
This Is a GOOD Kind of Blues!
Blue is one of my all-time favorite colors to use in a home… and I love wearing it, too! However, I think blue is especially lovely to use in summer! Judith from Botanic Bleu seems to agree with me, though I think she has the corner on blue decor! Visit her post for lovely photos and inspiration!
Check out our Tuesday Turn About Link Party Pinterest board! All NINE featured posts are pinned to this board each week!
Now It’s Your Turn! Link Away!
Let’s start sharing! Because this is a party, we encourage all who link up to visit several other bloggers who have linked as well – comments and pins are a great way to spread the love!
Before you get started, take a look at our guidelines:
- This party is for home decor and home-related posts only (recipes, organizing, DIY, crafts, etc.). Link up to 3 related posts. Please do not link up informational posts that do not relate to the topic.
- If you would please not link up shops, advertising, round-ups, other link parties, or any posts promoting sales, we would appreciate it.
- DO NOT PIN FROM IMAGES ON THIS PAGE (it just won’t work right on Pinterest). However, please visit the original post/source and pin from there. That works perfectly!
- Please make sure that your images are in a jpeg or png format. If we can’t save your image, we may not be able to feature you. So sad!
- By linking to the party, you give us permission to share your projects on our blogs and social media. We will always give proper credit with a no-pin image.
Are you ready for fall to begin? I’m definitely ready for the weather to cool down, and I’m looking forward to all the autumnal inspiration! Let the fall begin! 😉